Saturday, August 11, 2012

High Fidelity - Ultra Lounge series

I frequently think I was born in the wrong decade... the music, fashion, art, design, etc. from the mid to late 50's thru the 60's majorly appeals to me.  Women were feminine and curvy.  Men were dapper and oh, so smooth.  :D  Yes, I realize this is a romanticized, "Mad Men" era view of the time however I do think it was a prosperous and culturally (by this I mean art & music) rich era in the our history where family was still super important, cars were big and finned, the music was smooth, sexy and super melodic and the Rat Pack ruled Vegas.  

I LOVE the Ultra-Lounge series released from Capitol Records - there are now 20 compilations in the series and they are full of kitschy, bongo and saxophone filled grooves that are perfect to mambo, mix martinis to or enjoy while snuggled up with your sweetheart in front of a cozy fire (hot toddy in hand, of course).  Here are just a few of my favorites...


(Do any fellow Dexter fans recognize this from the show?)














Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment