Wednesday, September 5, 2012

High Fidelity - Atlas Genius, Walk the Moon & M83

I love new artists, while I am saving one of my very favorite new bands (literally brand new, their first full length album dropped this week!) for tomorrow's High Fidelity, I thought it would be fun to share three new(ish) artists who are playing quite frequently on my headphones at work.  

The first is a new Indie rock group from South Australia called Atlas Genius, this group has only released an EP - they are brand new and I think they have the potential to be really big.  




The second group is another Indie rock band called Walk the Moon, I just love their happy sound.  Walk the Moon's self titled debut album was released in 2012.  




The third selection is playing all over the radio right now, it is French electronic music band M83's song "Midnight City."  While the band has been together, in some form, since 2001, they have just recently really started making a name for themselves on the US charts.  They have toured over the past few years with some amazing bands including the Kings of Leon, The Killers and Depeche Mode.   On a side note, I love how the "Midnight City" video starts a story line... their follow-up single, "Reunion"continues the story.  I'll be curious to see if future singles do the same.  Very cool idea!










No comments:

Post a Comment