Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tuesday People*


I am so thankful I ‘manned up’ and took a chance in going back to school.  The thought of doing so was scary as hell considering my previous college debacle.

My first college experience was a time when I was at my worst.  I was so far down the rabbit hole, sunk in a pit of depression, hopelessness, lack of self-worth, etc. that I couldn’t cope with everyday life, let alone school.  I barely passed my classes, cut myself off from all but a few select friends and holed myself up from the world.  This depression greatly affected my faith as well, when your self-worth is so low you certainly don’t feel worthy of God’s love and you feel like no one cares about you, even our Heavenly Father. 

Over the years as my mental health has gotten somewhat better my faith has gradually come back and I have once again found comfort in the promise of Christ’s love.  It has, however, been the encouragement, insight and faith of the amazing group of ladies that make up my cohort at George Fox University that has truly encouraged me to open myself up again to God’s love.   From in class prayer on occasions when numerous ladies need a little bit of help to the daily encouragement and support found on our little Facebook group, I have never been a part of something where there is such a shared feeling of God’s love on a personal level and I am so thankful to be part of this amazing group of ladies. 


  • You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)
  • You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)
  • Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)


So here’s to my Tuesday People:

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17)





*(read Tuesday's With Morrie - it will change your life)

No comments:

Post a Comment