Monday, March 5, 2012

Manzanita madness!

Okay, so not really madness but it was the adjective that popped in my head so I went with it.  It was actually a very low key weekend, exactly what I needed right about now.  :)  

Got down there on Thursday and stayed through til Sunday morning, it was long enough to make me glad to be home again today but short enough that it didn't totally break the bank (thanks to a super deal with Sunset Vacation Rentals as a returning customer).  


Mermaid House

I stayed at the same place my bestie and I stayed at last time we went in October of 2010, it is a small two bedroom cottage called the Mermaid House that was built in the late 40's and is just a couple of blocks from the main street and half a block from the beach.

Living Area

Living Room

If you look closely you can see how near the house is to the beach...


Mermaid in window above vintage kitchen sink


Vintage stove... what a trip to cook on, still works great!


Going with a theme here :)

Bathroom - tiny but has everything you need and a washer/dryer!


Bedroom 1 (I stayed here the first time I visited)


Bedroom 2 (master)

Hall from bedrooms back into main living space


I spent the days wandering around Cannon Beach and driving down to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, an institution in our fine state of Oregon (Squeeky cheese!).  Also enjoyed a DELISH sandwich one day from my favorite deli in the world, Bread and Ocean.


From www.tillamook.com



Can't take credit for the photo, stole it from Bread & Oceans' facebook page

For the most part the weather was pretty crappy (hey, what do you expect the first weekend of March at the Oregon Coast?!) but I was able to get a few good shots at Cannon Beach on Thursday as I was heading towards Manzanita.  










All in all it was a great trip, nice to get away... even nicer to come home again.  Now work tomorrow is another story....  ;)

1 comment: