Thursday, June 7, 2012

High Fidelity - Eric Church and Springsteen


I love Eric Church's unique sound (which, I admit, took me awhile to like at first) and I'm really digging this song right now.  Doesn't hurt that he's perty to look at as well.  ;)



I took a cue from the title of the previous song, "Springsteen" and have included a couple of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs. :)

While I'm not a big fan of 'the boss' in general there are a few songs of his that have a special place in my heart.  

The first two were released in my formative music years - middle school.  The first is "Streets of Philadelphia" which was from the Tom Hanks movie "Philadelphia" released in 1993.  



The second is "Secret Garden" which was the theme to "Jerry Maguire" starring Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger released in 1995.  

While both songs were indeed from movies that isn't why I like them (heck, I didn't see them until I was in college!). I enjoy these songs because whenever I hear them they take me back to that feeling of being 11 to 13 and so at awe with the world, so hopeful for the future, for love.  I love how certain songs can take you right back to specific moments in time - there are a lot of early 90's songs that do that to me. 




The third I just personally discovered a couple of years ago even though it is from the mid-1980's.  It just happened to pop up on a Pandora station one day and I immediately took note.  I love how the percussion sounds like a train, the song just sounds like it comes from a raw place.  Love, love.





Eric Church


No comments:

Post a Comment