Friday, June 15, 2012

I dreamed a dream...

It's incredibly dangerous to peruse this site "just for fun."  My "just for fun" jaunt has now developed into a full-fledged obsession with an adorable little townhouse nearby.  I NEED it.  (Okay, so I don't need it but tell that to the little devilish redhead on my shoulder.)

The price is fantastic, its in a great location and would be a super starter home, especially for a single woman.  That is also where the problem comes in.  As a single woman who is racking up student loans as we speak and is still trying to unearth herself from some poor monetary decisions while she was in her 20's and clinically depressed (retail therapy anyone?), I have found that qualifying for a loan on my own is not a possibility right now until I have enough money to eliminate some bills.  It would be different with a second income coming in but alas you need another in your household to bring that money in the door and that does not appear to be in the cards any time soon (the cat's a lazy cuss and refuses to go to work).  It's funny how people always dream of winning millions in the lottery but in reality winning $25,000 would make one of my biggest dreams possible.  Oh how your perspective can change as you become more and more adult like... :)

So here are a few pics of the house - its not super fancy, it certainly isn't my dream house but it is my dream "right now" house...

$ 109,900
3 bed 
2.5 bath

Front of town home

Bar and fireplace

Bar and open kitchen

Kitchen, dining nook and deck


Kitchen, nook and view!


Deck off the master bedroom, yes please!


View toward the Columbia river - would be super pretty on a clear day


So cute, sad it's not feasible...

What I have to keep on telling myself is that there are plenty of other people my age who aren't able to buy a home either, that I have a nice rental right now and that I am most likely in a better position financially than some my age... these self-affirmations however don't equate a home of my own or a nice deduction on my taxes.   Alas, patience is a virtue Sara... remember this.  

I do admit, however, that I look forward to the possibility of marriage someday - not only for the companionship and love but also the possibility to purchase a place of my own (or, our own).  I am also reminding myself on a daily basis that the right guy will come along some day and that it must be God's plan that I have yet to meet a man who is capable of loving me just the way I am.  Surely there's someone out there, right?

This verse was shared with me at my confirmation as an "adult" in the Lutheran church, it has always held a truly special meaning for me.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make you straight in your paths.
                               -Proverbs 3:5-6

Another that brings hope:

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.
                              -Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment