Thursday, May 16, 2013

High Fidelity - Florence + The Machine

While I loved the British indie rock group Florence + The Machine's first album Lungs, it is their most recent album Ceremonials that really speaks to me.  Florence Welch has an amazing voice and I love how their sound ranges from the somewhat 60's style retro "Dog Days Are Over" to mysterious and haunting in "Seven Devils."   It always seems to tap into some emotion I am feeling at the moment and is awesome music to blare when on a random weekend drive with the windows down and the wind in your hair...

And we can't forget about the new Calvin Harris collaboration "Spectrum (Say My Name)" that totally speaks to my recent obsession with house/dance music (that's another post!).



"Dog Days Are Over"


"Shake It Off"


"Seven Devils"


"No Light, No Light"


Original version of "Spectrum"


Calvin Harris remix of "Spectrum (Say My Name)"


Florence Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment