Sunday, January 22, 2012

High Fidelity - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

I discovered the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (BRMC) when I fell in love with a song that was featured on an episode of Bones on Fox.

Their sound is an unique rock/blues/folk mix influenced by bands/musicians like the Rolling Stones, Oasis, Bob Dylan and The Verve and makes me think of 70’s rock, which I love.  Their name supposedly comes from Marlon Brando’s motorcycle gang in 1953’s The Wild One.


The first song is called Weight of the World and is from my favorite album, Howl (2005).   It is a bit more mainstream but still heavily folk/rock influenced.





The second song is the one that was featured on Bones called “Feel It Now” and was featured on the Howl follow-up album, Howl Sessions (2006) which features un-released songs from the Howl era.



No comments:

Post a Comment