Friday, January 6, 2012

High Fidelity - Coldplay

Music is a huge part of my life (just ask my co-workers who are subject to me CONSTANTLY playing my very eclectic Pandora stations every day at work). ;)

There are songs that inspire me, touch me, make me want to shake my bootie and ones that even make me angry or happy.  My goal is to post a YouTube video featuring a song of the week that has moved me in some way along with a quick note as to the reason I felt the need to share.  My hope is that I perhaps have the opportunity to introduce you to a few new artists or songs and that you enjoy them as much as I do.


Today’s selection is not that obscure really, it is actually going to be overplayed very quickly on the radio but it is one that really resonated with me the first time I heard it.  First, I have to just say that Coldplay is AWESOME!  Second, this song is just beautiful – I’m really digging both singles released so far off the 2011 Mylo Xyloto album, “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” and this one, “Paradise.”  While the video amuses me to no end (and actually is kind of fitting considering my thing for elephants) it is the lyrics that hit rather close to home. 


When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach so
She ran away in her sleep
And dreamed of Para – Para – Paradise
Para-Para-Paradise, Para-Para-Paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
Life goes on, it gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear a waterfall
In the night the stormy night she’ll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she’d fly

And dreams of Para-Para-Paradise…

…And so lying underneath those stormy skies
She’d say “oh, ohohohoh I know the sun must set to rise”… 

    
  
          



© UNIVERSAL MUSIC MGB SONGS OBO UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBL. MGB LTD.  Retrieved from www.lyricsmode.com

No comments:

Post a Comment