Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pin it!

I have come to realize I have a serious addition problem.  I am addicted to Pinterest.  

If you are not familiar with Pinterest, it is an online bulletin/vision board style photo share website where users create “boards” based upon certain themes of their choosing.  It may be images (most images lead to links) of recipes to try, a board plastered with images of wedding dresses and favor ideas or  it could be a board of fashion styles you love and one of places you would love to visit.  

The mission statement of Pinterest is to connect everyone in the world through shared tastes and the “things” they find interesting, and I have to say, I have found plenty of new things that fascinate me on the boards!


Tiffany blue bedroom design

Turtle cupcakes

This outfit just screams a Saturday at Powell's!

Wow - this used to a tv stand?




Pins may be added from a website using the “Pin It” button or as an image uploaded from a personal computer.  Hours can be wasted perusing the boards of not only your friends but also perfect strangers.   

Household ideas abound … I mean, who knew you could light an orange as a candle or how to reuse an old crappy tv stand to make a beyond awesome play kitchen for your favorite 4 year old?  I constantly find myself in awe and inspired by the creativity these ladies demonstrate.  I say ladies due to the seemingly 80%  or so female user base – there are some brave men now entering the Pinterest world (I recently referred to a male friend who is on there as a “lone wolf”), a smart move in my book – what better way to try to understand the crazy female mind?  :)

 
Bucket list - go on an African Safari

Harry Potter pillows!

Funny images...



Send me a message if you would like an invite to join us and start working on your own boards!

1 comment:

  1. Can you send me an invite? Not that I really need another way to distract myself from whatever it is I really should be doing, but it looks fun... and I NEED to know how to make those turtle cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete